My Student Permit Application Timeline

     
“Caryl, Caryl, gising na! May five missed calls ako galing sa agent mo!”

         This is what I heard from my mom as I was still laying on my bed yesterday at 12 noon. She told me to check my Gckey. And tadaaaa, I’m approved. I’m still on cloud nine until today. Gosh, the feeling is like I passed the board exam! Praise the Lord God Almighty! Finally, the waiting game is over! 



 I’m now approved after 76 days of worthwhile waiting! 
To God be all the glory!

  


        Down here is a video that I have promised to myself started from the very first day of lodging my papers that, I will record my reaction when the day has come and so I did it on the 11th of January 2022.


This was me freaking out and completely dumbstruck after seeing what I have waited for the past 76 days!

 


        As I watched this, it is totally embarrassing to see but this is genuinely me. I am truly an expressive person.



The screenshot below is what have taken me by surprise. Can somebody pinch me?

 


   

I also checked twice in my phone because I'm over the moon. I felt like I was dreaming.

  




     This was my wallpaper for so long that kept me calm at my so-called "catch-22 moments". 


                                                                                               Ctto: Pinoy Canada -Student Pathway 

                                       “All things are possible with God."
                                                       Mark 10:27


God’s timeline for me: 
🍁 Gathering of Transcript of Records and other Government documents - 
       March 8, 2021 - July 1, 2021
🍁 Police Clearance Certificate - August 6, 2021
🍁 Received NAIT's letter of Acceptance - August 13, 2021
🍁 National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)Clearance - August 13, 2021
🍁 Upfront Medical - September 17, 2021 
🍁 SP Lodged – October 27, 2021
🍁 Medical Passed – October 28, 2021
🍁 Biometrics Completed – October 29, 2021
🍁 Reviewing of Eligibility – December 22, 2021
🍁 GCMS notes request – December 23, 2021
🍁 APPROVED Study Permit– January 11, 2022

Profile:
🍁 Single Applicant 
🍁 21 years old
🍁 Presently enrolled at Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila -
      3rd year 1st sem BS Electronics Engineering
🍁 Winter Intake 2022 deferred to Fall Intake 2022
🍁 Instrumentation Engineering Technology at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT)
🍁 Do-It with God and agency: Pinoycare Visa Center ( Sir Clint and Agent Dayen)  
🍁 Regular Stream 
🍁 Proof of funds: Php 1.9M or $46, 569 CAD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        Hi, I’m Caryl Anne S. Magalong and I’m 21 years old. I did my student permit application through the help of my family, relatives, agency (Pinoycare Visa Center), the group PinoyCanada -  Student Pathway in Facebook (I'm a silent reader only), and above all, God. I’m truly grateful to all of you especially to my family who became my support system in all cases specifically in joining the waiting game with me. Thank you. Moreover, how can I ever forget the Lord God almighty! I wouldn't be writing this without His approval in granting me this student permit and visa.


My beautiful family:


                        
     Standing ( L to R): Mommy Anna, Drewdane, Daddy Carlo, Claire.
 Sitting ( L to R): Caryl, Charles

        I still can remember how anxious I’ve become and my patience was tested. But in the end, I let the Lord manage it. I realized that even when I have given my best shot to do everything according to my plan and timeline, there will be a lot of unexpected setbacks along the way. Overall, the waiting game is the toughest. It was a roller coaster of emotions. It came up to a point that I have visited my Gckey more than 10 times a day everyday especially when I have proceeded out of the blue to the most awaiting stage which is the Reviewing of Eligibility. Thus, from this moment of reaching my wit's end and feeling giving up from my grasping at straws situation, this is where I have realized to lay over it all to God and that, God’s timing is perfect and the best. 

        As you can see below, these are the real footages of myself crying and depressed. I was truly in dire straits. I have sent these to my bestfriends when I was truly down in the dumps when my own timeline betrayed me. I have even blamed being stressed out with my current program (Electronics Engineering) in the Philippines even when I wasn't and it wasn't the real cause of my distress. It was only because of the burning anxiety of waiting for my visa approval that chose to stay with me in those unprecedented times. Though, it was so fun to just look back at it now and whenever I see this, the bitter memory rushes back into me in a blink of an eye.




As tough people say, patience is hard but it is necessary.

        Contrary to my miserable atmosphere above, I also manifested that I was already approved as I wore my winter clothes multiple times a day. They were sent to me by my auntie Liberty who is a permanent resident in USA. She was so excited and awed with my bravery at 21 to think highly of boosting my credentials and improve my profile by having an international experience. 

Look at me, I am already practicing my poses before I take a click when I arrived at my dream place to study. Look at me, I am in high spirits!






        I have also gone through rigorous situations of wasting time and money because of my hasty and unwise dispositions. To name a few were my three times application at NAIT because of lack of knowledge that I forgot to consider the visa processing times and I applied to a program that was completely unrelated to my educational background in the Philippines ( From Electronics Engineering to Dental Technology). And the other one is, I was so late that I did not notice the program I was applying to which is Electronics Engineering Technology was already in "Waitlisting" status in the program availability. It means that it was fair shake only in order to be admitted in the said program. And the recent one is my application for the supposed-to-be Winter term 2022 which turned out to be canceled and be deferred to the Fall Intake 2022 because of IRCC's late approval. As a tip for you, do not put things in a rush because if you do not plan well like me, you are planning to fail as taken from the great Benjamin Franklin. Well, Without my co-IS aspirants who chipped in my direct messages, I surely would have been all at sea.  

 
                Ergo, this goes to show that in this journey,  
                                        RESEARCH IS HIGHLY IMPORTANT.  

 

           Right, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau?

Ctto: Tenor

        Kidding aside, having this valuable experience made me braver in life to accept life’s challenges and to believe in God’s almighty power. I truly don’t understand how He works but He never ceases to amaze me. Truly, faith can move mountains. 


                                                                    Ctto: Nico Ng in Dribbble

         Hopefully, this blog may add a sprinkle of hope to you my fellow international students aspirants, especially those who are already in the Reviewing of Eligibility stage.
    
        They say all's well that ends well. So, for my last words, “If I CAN-A-DA it, you CAN-A-DA it too!”.



I am for Fall Intake 2022 and my birthday will be RED for the first time ever. I'm claiming this!


Ctto: Pinoy Canada -Student Pathway 

Thank you so much for reading my experience. Soon, I will be talking about my flight experience which will happen for the first time ever!
    
                                                                                                                - Caryl 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Passport Stamping Timeline

My Statement of Purpose for my Student Permit Application in Canada